Callander: House is reduced to rubble after 'gas leak' causes explosion
Two pensioners were taken to hospital following the incident this morning
House explosion in ScotlandView gallery
This was the devastating scene after a suspected gas leak caused explosion which reduced a home to rubble.
Two pensioners were taken to hospital following the incident at Murdiston Avenue in Callander, near Stirling, at around 6am.
Central Scotland police said a 74-year-old woman was taken to Forth Valley Royal Infirmary and a 77-year-old man was taken to Glasgow Royal Infirmary .
Their conditions were not known.
Nine houses in Murdiston Avenue and nearby Aveland Road were evacuated. Stirling Council set up a rest centre in the town.
Chief Inspector Russell Penman said: "The house has been totally demolished as a result of the explosion.
"We are treating this as a suspected gas leak and inquiries are at a very early stage to establish the cause. Scotland Gas Networks are in attendance and working with us."